A personal app is an easy way to get started with Akahu's API - it's just like a regular app, but with the following restrictions:
- It can only be used to access your own data. If you want to create an app that other people can use, talk to our team about requirements to begin building a full app.
- Webhooks are disabled. Webhooks are a premium feature that enable real-time responses to events.
Before we make our first API request, you will need:
- To create an Akahu profile at my.akahu.io and connect your first account.
- A User Token (user_token_111111111111111111111111)
- An App Token (app_token_111111111111111111111111)
You can get your App + User tokens by signing into Akahu and going to the "Developers" page.
If you have not yet created a personal app, you will need to agree to our Developer Terms and click the button labeled "Continue" to create a personal app.
Your app will be created and your User Token and App Token will be shown to you.
The other fields on this page are explained in our Advanced Setup Guide.
Now that you are set up, make a
GET request to our "me" endpoint at
You will need to include these authorisation headers:
Authorization: Bearer <<apiKey>> X-Akahu-ID: <<appToken>>
Authorization token is your User Token, and
X-Akahu-ID is your App Token.
You will get a response in our standard response format with your user details - congratulations! You've successfully accessed your own data!
You might want to adjust the permissions your personal app has, in which case check out our Advanced Setup Guide.
Updated 4 months ago